Offered to owners of micro and small enterprises who are interested in improving their businesses. Business loan can be used for working capital, fixed assets or business facility improvements. The loan should only be invested in the business.
The business loans are sub-divided into micro enterprise loans and small business loans:
• Micro enterprise loans range from $100 to $19,999. The loan term is between 12 and 24 months.
• Small business loans range from $20,000 to $35,000. The loan term is between 18 and 36 months.
The actual loan size and term are based on the business owner’s need/demand, repayment capacity, credit history and loan use.
Potential borrowers must meet the following requirements to be considered for a loan:
• The applicant must be at least 18 years old and no more than 65 years old.
• Any borrower aged 65 years and above isn’t authorized to take any loan unless it is a renewable loan and should be under the name of his son, daughter, or wife.
• For Business Loans the applicant must be the owner of the business and the business must be in operation for at least one year.
• The applicant’s business activity or house must be located in the governorate from which he/she is applying for a loan.
• The business activity must be legal. The business however does not have to be licensed or registered.
• The applicant must have a strong commitment and capacity to repay the loan on time.
• The applicant must provide guarantor(s) (and potentially collateral) sufficient to cover the repayment of the loan.