The “Special Needs” loan is intended to provide support to a new customer segment: young people with special needs. The loan will enable them to integrate in the community and generate their own income independently, through the provision of financial support either for starting up a new project, or for developing an already existing self owned business. They will be able to receive loan amounts on exceptional, simplified conditions, and lower fees.
The startup “Special Needs” loan amount ranges from $100 to $3,000, with a repayment period up to 18 months. First 3 months the borrower pays only interest and fees.
The existing “Special Needs” loan amount ranges from $100 to $3,000, with a repayment period up to 18 months.
The actual loan size and term are based on the business owner’s need/demand, repayment capacity, credit history and loan use.
Potential borrowers must meet the following requirements to be considered for a loan:
· For Business Loans the applicant must be the owner of the business and the business must be in operation for at least one year.
· The applicant’s business activity or house must be located in the governorate from which he/she is applying for a loan.
· The business activity must be legal. The business however does not have to be licensed or registered.
· The applicant must have a strong commitment and capacity to repay the loan on time.
· The applicant must provide guarantor(s) (and potentially collateral) sufficient to cover the repayment of the loan.
· The applicant must have a clear disability and not more than one.