Loan Officer works directly with clients in the field to promote loans, determine client credit worthiness, complete loan applications, conduct client follow up and manage assigned loan portfolio performance.
• Promote and market VITAS products.
• Manage the application and approval process for assigned area.
• Complete the loan application at the applicant and guarantor’s location.
• Conduct necessary assessment of the business and business owners/homeowners.
• Ensure prompt submission of application documents, and loan disbursement and repayment.
• Provide periodic portfolio information.
• Contact clients and guarantors on loan approval/denial, additional information needed on pending applications, and for loan disbursal meeting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• High school degree, Bachelor degree preferred
• Ability to work independently
• Good knowledge and strong knowledge in local community.
• Good knowledge about mathematics
• Able to work in the field
• Review monthly financial statements and make recommendations.
• Prepare and evaluate the company's risk indicators.
• Examine the internal and external audit reports and recommend action plans and improvements to Vitas Iraq’s internal controls and processes.
• Reports on the strategic and financial impact of risks.
• Assesses the risks of any new services and products that the company intends to introduce, in order to identify the associated risks, re-evaluates the related procedures and the mechanisms, and proposes control measures to reduce their negative impact and present them to the Audit Committee.
• Manage and continue to improve the operational systems, procedures, and policies in support of Vitas Iraq’s objectives, specifically in supporting better management reporting, business process and information flow and management.
• Analyze the operational processes and efficiencies of the various administrative units, departments and branches of the company and submits related reports to the Audit Committee.
• Prepares the compliance work plan and budget in line with the company's policies and strategies to achieve the set goals
• Follows-up on related activities to evaluate their degree of compliance to the company policies, Global Communities policies, and relevant regulations in Iraq, ensuring compliance with all regulations and laws related to the company’s work, and taking appropriate measures based on the evaluation results.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• A Master's degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant and progressively responsible Accounting experience or a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 7 years of stated experience.
• Experience working in Iraq.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Prior supervisory experience, experience with compliance and risk management
• Experience working for an international NGO and microfinance/alternative lending.