To apply for a loan a client must meet the following criteria:
· Between 18 and 65 years of age.
· If the borrower is above 65 years of age, he/she can only take a renewed loan, and it is required to register the loan in the name of his/her son, daughter or wife.
· The business must be in operation for at least one year.
· The business or home of the borrower must be in the same governorate where he/she applied for the loan.
· Must show a repayment capacity and commitment to repay on time.
· Must provide sufficient guarantors to cover the monthly repayments.
· For home improvement, if the client is a governmental employee, he/she must be the proprietor of the house and should provide proof of ownership.
· The business must be legal, but it is not obligatory to be registered or licensed.